Join us for the CASQA 2020 Virtual Conference!
Dates: Tuesday 9/15/2020 - Wednesday 9/16/2020
Leadership is one of the core components of who we are as CASQA. Therefore, CASQA has opted to lead through these challenges by providing certainty in these uncertain times. Part of CASQA’s mission is to educate and this virtual platform will maximize access and opportunities for learning together in 2020. We are developing an outstanding conference experience, albeit a new one, by migrating our typical conference components into an interactive virtual platform. The conference will include the exceptional content and program that we are known for, as well as opportunities for sponsors, exhibitors, and virtual networking. We are excited to see just how innovative we can be and, as always, we are #CASQAtogether.
Watch this page for updates!
The CASQA Annual Conference offers a unique opportunity to interact with professionals in the stormwater field. Each year the conference draws leading members of the stormwater community including local, state, and federal decision makers, stormwater program coordinators, contractors, consultants, engineers, lawyers, scientists, and planners. Join fellow stormwater practitioners and exhibitors for in-depth training and discussions addressing a wide range of challenges and opportunities facing stormwater professionals in California and beyond.
CASQA 2020: Envision the Future
"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
Joel A. Barker
CASQA’s Vision Statement recognizes Sustainable Stormwater Management as a vital component of California’s water resources. Stewardship of our stormwater resources must balance human and ecological needs including protecting water quality, enhancing and restoring waterways, and providing an additional source for water supply. With this in mind, we ask you to envision the future of stormwater. At the conference we will explore ways to incorporate sustainable solutions for our water quality challenges, integrate the best science and technologies to ensure future generations can enjoy our waters, provide equity by engaging in all communities, drive consensus building with multi-benefit solutions, and explore funding for the future we envision.
Conference Overview and Agenda
- The online conference agenda provides an up-to-date hourly view of the program and speakers. You can see a detailed overview of all days or filter by day or track.
Conference Program PDF (pending)
- The conference program for the 2020 virtual conference will not be printed. Instead we will email a PDF version to registrants and post it here.
- Note: The PDF may not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins. The online Conference Agenda linked above is the most current version.
CASQA members receive a substantial discount. Learn more about becoming a CASQA member to take advantage of discounted rates.
- General Attendee Registration: Deadline: Tuesday, Sep 8 - 5:00 PM PT
- Speaker / Panelist Registration: Deadline: Tuesday, Sep 8 - 5:00 PM PT
- Sponsorship Purchase: Deadline: Friday, Aug 21 - 5:00 PM PT
- Some sponsorship packages have limited availability so act quickly to secure the one you want!
- Purchasing a sponsorship does not include a conference pass, unless it is stated as a benefit of the sponsorship.
- Program Advertising Purchase: Deadline: Friday, Aug 21 - 5:00 PM PT
- Exhibit Space Registration: Deadline: Friday, Aug 21 - 5:00 PM PT
Payment: Credit card is the only payment option. We do not accept check payments.
- Refunds are allowed for General, Speaker/Panelist/Poster Presenter, and Webcast registrations only; no refunds for Exhibitor registrations
- A substitution of an attendee is allowed without charge
- Refunds will only be given for cancellations made before 3:00 PM on the Tuesday of the week before the conference begins
- A 25% administrative fee will be assessed for a refund
Hotel and Travel
NOTICE - 2020 Conference Hotel Reservations at Paradise Point Resort: If you booked a hotel room(s) at Paradise Point Resort in the 2020 CASQA Conference block, a cancellation notice was sent to you from the hotel. The CASQA Conference has gone virtual this year, but we will back at Paradise Point Resort in 2023.
Submittals: Abstract / CASQA Award / Conference Scholarship
2020 Conference Call for Abstracts: Closed
On June 16, 2020 CASQA emailed selection results (both selected and not-selected) to the primary speakers of technical presentations, the poster-only presenters, and the submitters of panels, forums, roundtables, and training workshops.
2020 CASQA Awards Program - Call for Nominations: Closed
The mission of the CASQA Awards Program is to advance the stormwater quality management profession by identifying and recognizing exemplary leadership, outstanding projects, activities, and contributions to the field of stormwater quality management. More information
2020 Conference Scholarship Program Call for Applications: Closed
The goal of the CASQA Conference Scholarship Program is to encourage the next generation of leaders in the stormwater management field. A total of three (3) scholarships are available to enable individuals to attend the 2020 CASQA Annual Conference and benefit from the educational and networking opportunities that are provided. More information
CASQA Annual Conference Mobile App
NOTICE: We will not be using the Annual Conference app for the 2020 virtual conference.
Conference attendees with Apple iOS or Android devices will be able to personalize their conference experience with the many features in our CASQA Annual Conference mobile app. The app is available in the iTunes and Google Play stores. Download Instructions (link removed)
We look forward to seeing you at these future conferences!
Presentations from past conferences are available as PDFs linked to the Training Workshop and Technical Program presentation titles in the conference agendas. Note: Files not posted lack permission from the author for posting or a copy was not provided to CASQA.
Our inaugural podcast episode was launched in May 2019, followed by 14 more episodes that were recorded at the 2019 CASQA Annual Conference, focused on all things stormwater. We dove deeper into conference discussions, got to know more about the leaders in the stormwater field, and shared CASQA's organizational goals. New episodes will continue to be posted so check back periodically. Listen here