Join us for the 2020 Virtual CASQA Annual Conference!
Tuesday 9/15/2020 - Wednesday 9/16/2020
One of the core components of who we are as CASQA is leadership. Therefore, CASQA has opted to lead through these challenges by providing certainty in these uncertain times. Part of CASQA’s mission is to educate and this virtual platform will maximize access and opportunities for learning together in 2020. We will develop an outstanding conference experience, albeit a new one, by migrating our typical conference components into an interactive virtual platform. The conference will include the outstanding content and program that we are known for, as well as opportunities for sponsors, exhibitors, and even virtual networking. We are excited to see just how innovative we can be and, as always, we are #CASQAtogether.
More information will be coming in the next few weeks. Watch this page for updates!
- Scroll down to learn more and see a general overview of each day.
- Attendee Registration
- 2020 Conference Agenda:
- The online conference agenda provides an hourly view of the program and speakers. You can see a detailed overview of all days or filter by day or track.
- Conference Program PDF (pending):
- The conference program for the 2020 virtual conference will not be printed. Instead we will email a PDF version to registrants and post it here.
- Note: The PDF version may not include changes made in the last few weeks before the conference begins. The online conference agenda linked above is the most current version.
- Conference Mobile App: Note that we will not be using the CASQA Annual Conference mobile app for the 2020 virtual conference.
- 2020 Sponsors
- 2020 Exhibitors
2020 CASQA Annual Conference Theme
CASQA 2020: Envision the Future
"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world."
Joel A. Barker
CASQA’s Vision Statement recognizes Sustainable Stormwater Management as a vital component of California’s water resources. Stewardship of our stormwater resources must balance human and ecological needs including protecting water quality, enhancing and restoring waterways, and providing an additional source for water supply. With this in mind, we ask you to envision the future of stormwater. At the conference we will explore ways to incorporate sustainable solutions for our water quality challenges, integrate the best science and technologies to ensure future generations can enjoy our waters, provide equity by engaging in all communities, drive consensus building with multi-benefit solutions, and explore funding for the future we envision.
The CASQA Annual Conference offers in-depth learning opportunities and discussions on a wide range of stormwater and water management topics, with a focus around the conference theme. The Plenary Session will officially kick off the conference with our Welcome Remarks, CASQA Awards Announcement, and Keynote Address. Conference thematic technical presentations, training workshops, panels, forums, and roundtable discussions following multiple concurrent tracks will be presented by leading stormwater practitioners from across California and the world. Attendees will be able to visit the virtual Exhibit Hall and interface with exhibitors while exploring goods, services, and innovative ideas. Virtual networking opportunities will also be provided throughout the conference. Scroll down to see an overview of each day.
General Virtual Conference Information
- 2-day virtual conference
- Tuesday 9/15/2020 - Wednesday 9/16/2020
- Multi-track technical presentations and discussion sessions
- Presentations will be recorded and live-streamed at pre-determined times, and immediately followed by live Q&A with the presenters.
- The recorded presentations will be available on-demand to all conference registrants through the end of 2020. This will provide maximum flexibility for registrants, who can view the live stream as well as access the recorded content on their own time.
- Virtual exhibit hall
- Virtual networking opportunities
- Access instructions for the live stream will be emailed to registrants in advance of the virtual event (date and more details are pending)
Virtual Lobby Example:
Exhibit Space Example:
All registrants are welcome to join us virtually! This is a great way to break the ice before the official start of the conference.
September 15 September 16, 2020
- Plenary Session: Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
- Welcome and Opening Remarks: Amanda Carr, Chair - CASQA Board of Directors
- CASQA Awards Announcement: Mark Lombos, Chair - CASQA Awards Committee
- Keynote Address: Speaker TBD
- Program and Tracks: Nine multi-track technical sessions with 91 oral presentations, 13 panels, 2 forums, 1 roundtable, 4 training workshops
- Exhibit Hall
- Poster Display
- Outstanding Service Awards Announcement: Tuesday lunch (pending)
- Tuesday Evening Reception - 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm (time pending): This included event is a unique opportunity to socialize virtually after hours and continue the stormwater discussion.
- Conference Scholarship Program Awards Announcement: Wednesday lunch (pending)