Optional Internet-based (Virtual) IGP QISP Trainer of Record
July 6, 2020 - The Industrial General Permit Training Team (IGPTT) has determined that it is now viable to conduct and receive QISP Training via the Internet. The Virtual IGP QISP Training is equivalent to Step 4. “Complete the one-day, in-person training with an IGP ToR” in the five-step process to qualify to be a QISP, as described here. The IGPTT will allow virtual training at least until it conducts a Programmatic Review of the Virtual Training Program by June 30, 2021.
To be eligible to conduct Virtual QISP Training, you must be an existing IGP Trainer of Record in good standing and take the following steps in order:
1. Contact CASQA
Contact CASQA at least 30 days before the beginning of your first proposed virtual IGP training class with your interest and to receive the Virtual Training Supplement to your existing CASQA–Trainer of Record Agreement.
2. Review the Supplement
1. Review the Virtual Training Supplement.
2. Sign and date the Supplement.
3. Email the Supplement back to CASQA.
4. Receive the countersigned Virtual Training Supplement from CASQA.
3. Prepare a Virtual IGP Training Plan (Plan)
1. Prepare a Plan that meets the Criteria in the Virtual Training Supplement and the following format requirements:
- Style - Letter style but no signature required or expected. No cover page, no title page, no attachments
- Length - Three (3) 8.5” x 11” pages maximum in PDF file. No additional pages or files.
- Setup - Minimum ½” margins; Minimum 11 pt. font
2. Email the Plan back to CASQA. The Plan must be emailed to CASQA with the subject line “Virtual IGP Training Plan” at least 15 days before the beginning of the first proposed virtual IGP training class.
3. Receive either Conditional Acceptance from CASQA or a list of deficiencies that must be addressed before CASQA can issue a Conditional Acceptance.
4. Conduct Virtual IGP QISP Training
After receiving Conditional Acceptance from CASQA, the Trainer of Record may advertise and conduct Virtual IGP QISP Training according to the Conditionally Accepted Plan.
5. Receive an Audit
Sometime after starting to conduct Virtual IGP QISP Training and the IGPTT’s Programmatic Review of the Virtual Training Program by June 30, 2021, the IGPTT will audit the Trainer of Record’s class and if any inadequacies are found, the Trainer of Record will need to address them before conducting any more virtual training classes.